THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Finding Ease

 
 
Today I am trying to listen to my body, and that is something that has always been difficult. I’m struggling to actually follow through with what I know is in my best interest. I decided to take a break in my yoga practice because my body is tired and sore in places. Since my hip has been feeling better, I enthusiastically threw myself back into my practice, often taking two classes a day. I don’t know how not to push myself to my edge in every practice. The intensity and focus that I have when I’m practicing is what takes me out of my head, but that isn’t always what is best for my body. I think that I also need to find some ease within myself both off and on the mat. Yes, I want to be better, as a person, and as a yogi, but that drive to always be better means that I’m not accepting and enjoying the moment that I’m in. I’m not allowing myself to simply be. Today I’m resting my body, and my goal for tomorrows practice is to simply be in each pose, and find the beauty and ease of each movement without pushing to make it better. There are times to push to the edge, and times to slow down and enjoy exactly where you are. It is an accomplishment to be able to stop and listen, and for that, I am grateful.       

1 Comments:

8thday said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog but I love the photography, poetry and positive healing energy.