THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 15, 2013

I Am Deserving



"The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling."
~Fabienne Fredrickson
 
This past week has been filled with many emotions, mixed with a dash of craziness, and ending with gratitude. It began Sunday with a bit of crazy. There was some freezing rain here in the evening, and as we were finishing dinner, Dave and I heard a crashing sound. The boys had gone downstairs, and we thought maybe they were goofing around. Dave went and looked out the front door, and someone had crashed their car into my oldest son's car that was parked on the street. Luckily the young man who was driving was not hurt, although both cars are in bad shape.

Dave started his radiation Cyber Knife treatments this week, so we were both anxious about how he would be feeling, but so far it is going better than we expected. He has had a lot of nausea, some blurred vision, and dizziness, but nothing compared to what recovering from surgery would be like, so we are thankful. He has three more treatments this week, and that should be all he will need.

The best part of my week happened on Thursday. I took a yoga class from my beloved yoga teacher Emily, who also owns the studio. After class she told me that she had placed an envelope at the front of the room for me. She told me that I may want to wait and open it at home, which I did. It was a beautiful card saying how much they all loved me at the studio, and because of my dedication, they were offering me a scholarship to do the teacher's training which begins in January. The scholarship, paired with financial help from my step-dad will allow me to pursue a deeper journey into my yoga practice, and hopefully allow me to share this passion with others. I'm beyond grateful and excited!
 
The upcoming week will be short, and I'm looking forward to the holiday break. Dave will be finished with his treatments, and we can move on to keeping him healthy. There is so much to look forward to, so I'm going to make a huge effort not to worry about it all being taken away from me, which is something I tend to do. I will repeat this mantra~ "I am deserving, I am deserving, I am deserving..."