THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 7, 2014

My Heart



My Heart

All of the times you would look at me softly and say,
"You look like you want to tell me something..."
The words throbbing in my ears, warm, and waiting,
like the whisper of feathers floating through the summer wind.
My wanting arose within; fierce and greedy
"Could you sit closer, please?"
touching my wounds without wincing
never once looking away
Sometimes the silence was louder than anything else in the room
louder than the ticking clock
louder than both of our heartbeats put together
Oh, how I want...
"Take a breath,"
you would gently remind me
Week after week
Year after year
Breath after breath
Until I could no longer hold my love inside
"Take a breath,"
expanding beyond the cage of my ribs
My heart
floating through the summer wind 
wild and free...
 
Angela Minard 2014©