THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 17, 2014

Impulsive Liberty



Impulsive Liberty

I am terrified
of losing my mind
because it happens
on occasion
when the combination of pain and exhaustion
wears me down
becoming irrational in my thoughts

This momentary insanity
like a shot of adrenaline
jump starts the madness

My brain short circuits
with bouts of nothingness
returning to despair
and it is in those spaces of time 
that I die
over and over again

She is face down
on the bed
I watch her from above
knowing she will not scream out
Hating her for silence
Hating her for fear
and yet wanting her to be free

It is inside of that bedroom
in the darkest of memories
that I try
to help her leave 

Angela Minard 2014©

Photography by~ Victor Schrager

"But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing."

~Maya Angelou

0 Comments: