THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 28, 2014

What Do You Hear?




I'm slowly and painfully reading through this blog. 

My therapist suggested that I read my own words so that I could hopefully appreciate this trans formative period of my life. I wrote the first sentence of this blog post two days ago, and here I am, still kicking and breathing...Maybe the idea was to simply acknowledge that I've survived. I've mainly survived myself, and don't we all? I was talking to my yoga students this morning about getting out of your own way, because the truth is that we our our own worst enemies most of the time. Our own voice is the voice that haunts us with negative self talk, and re-enactments of failure. I ask myself, "What is it going to take?" "When do YOU believe?" There is this question within..."Is it okay?" 
I want to know if it is somehow wrong to believe in myself, to trust in all that I am, and to nurture myself without feeling guilty. Of course, you say, "Yes,!" but do you truly believe? Can you live in this way, with the freedom to wholeheartedly love yourself? Contemplate this feat...It is bigger than you think, because the enemy sneaks in, unaware...
Be silent, be still...
What do you hear?

"Oh, soul. You worry too much. You have seen your own strength. You have seen your own beauty. You have seen your golden wings. Of anything less, why do you worry? You are, in truth, the soul of the soul of the soul." 
~ Rumi

4 Comments:

nancy ashmore said...

This has brought tears to my eyes. It stuck a sensitive chord that I keep buried very deep inside. Not sure what to do with it...love you, my friend!

run2yoga said...

I tend to mirror those around me. If someone is treating me well, I tend to treat me better. If someone is being mean, I tend to think I deserve it. That is, until I get fed up, then I rebel and fight to gain control of my own life once again, knowing I deserve the best. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to feel good. I deserve to have health.

I then become my own mirror and give myself love. Until I don't.

Angela said...

Melody, I love your comment, because I tend to look for validation outside of myself. It takes constant work to validate ourselves. I do believe it is worth it though! <3

Angela said...

Nancy, you will figure out how to answer whatever questions are buried within, because we are the only ones who hold the answers. Love you!