THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Light



Last evening my husband and I attended Satsang, (which in Indian philosophy means to be in the company of the "highest truth") at the beloved yoga studio where I practice and now also teach yoga. The studio was filled with many friends, and my amazing husband was beside me. It was a lovely way to celebrate the dawning of a new year, and also honor 2014. We were all asked to draw angel cards toward the end of the evening, so I closed my eyes, reached into the bowl, and drew my card. I held it in my hands for a few moments before glancing down and reading my card. My card had the word "Light" printed on it, and I could feel the tears forming behind my eyes. All year I had been listening to a song by India Arie titled "I Am Light", and had even used that song to close my practicum yoga class because the lyrics hold deep meaning for me. I also thought about the year ahead, and my dream of bringing light to those struggling with eating disorders and body image issues through the practice of yoga. That dream is about to happen in the next month! Another thought that passed through my mind was how most of my life was spent attempting to be physically light, to the point of disappearing and being less than I was truly meant to be. I don't believe that it was an accident that I drew that particular card, and even more amazing was that when we were leaving the studio, I turned on my Spotify playlist, which was on shuffle, and the song "The Light" by Sara Bareilles came on! 

Here are the lyrics to "I Am Light" by India Arie

I am light
I am not the things my family did
I am not the voices in my head
I am not the pieces of the brokenness inside
I am light
I'm not the mistakes that I have made or any of the things that caused me pain
I am not the pieces of the dream I left behind
I am light
I am not the color of my eyes
I am not the skin on the outside
I am not my age,
I am not my race,
my soul inside is all light
I am divinity defined 
I am the God on the inside
I am a star,
a piece of it all
I am light

I feel that listening to this song every day was the affirmation that I needed to begin manifesting and believing in my own light. We have the power within us to change the course of our lives through our own thoughts and what we tell ourselves. I struggle with this on a daily basis, but I also fight back on a daily basis. Give it a try, and see what happens! 

May you all have a blessed and Happy New Year filled with love and light.

xoxoxo Angela 




2 Comments:

Nicole❤️ said...

Angela, I have been reading your blog ( anonymously ) for years ❤️. I adore your new hair cut and I envy your strength and beauty. Sending much Metta
Nicole

Angela said...

Nicole, thank you for reading for so long, and for taking the time to comment! Sending love and light. <3

Angela