THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What is Real?


What is Real?

I am so cold on the inside
that I expect to see my breath as I exhale
but I do not
"What is real?"
"Am I frozen?"
...and so it goes
around and around
as I circle myself like a hawk
ready to dive bomb its prey
the questions creating space
continuing to run further and further
away from the truth
into my own outstretched arms
these arms
withholding comfort
pinching flesh with disgust
avoiding my own gaze
your gaze...
Without knowing
we refuse to see
but the ice is crystalline
magnifying each tormented thought
and what was once numb
ignites
I am so hot on the inside
that I expect to see flames as I exhale
burning flesh
but I do not
"What is real?"

Angela Minard 2016©


"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. 
From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire. 
But if it had to perish twice 
I think I know enough of hate 
To say that for destruction ice is also great 
And would suffice." 
~ Robert Frost

2 Comments:

Porsche944 said...

I wonder sometimes the path that took you took you down into your despair, and remember what this beautiful person was like before. Was it all a mask, or did trauma give you a not so gentle shove.... Either way you are the sum total of your experiences and you are a beautiful person, and I love you.

Angela said...

Thank you, sweet friend! Sending my love to you, as well! :-)