THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 19, 2007

Helping A Friend

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A good friend that I used to work with called me and we were chatting on the phone and decided to go out for a few drinks and catch up. We were having a really nice time, and then she started asking me questions about my eating disorder. She then told me that she was very concerned about her sixteen year old daughter who is cutting, and also hasn't been eating and is losing a signifigant amount of weight. I told her that I too used to be a cutter, and gave her the name of my psychologist and nutritionist. She was just so heartbroken, sick, and terrified for her daughter, and also trying to understand why someone would starve or harm themselves in any way. She asked me so many questions, but I could just see in her eyes that she couldn't understand it. I'm so glad that she came to me to get some help for her daughter, and also for herself. I hope that both of them will be able to get the help that they need before it gets too out of control. I can't even imagine how I would feel if my child was struggling with so much pain. I often wonder how my eating disorder affects my children. Although I know that boys can also suffer with eating disorders, I think that if I had girls, I really would have screwed them up. Adolescent girls are so triggering for me. Somebody upstairs knew what they were doing when they blessed me with boys!

0 Comments: