THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Good Week

The Light
I'm just feeling really good this week, so I thought that I would share. Work has been busy, but also a lot of fun. On Wednesday's we take the kids bowling, and we meet with other lifeskills classes throughout the district. It is a time when the kids can socialize with other peers their own age. It is something that they all look forward to each week, and it is nice to get out into the community, where they can practice the skills they are learning at school. On Thursday and Friday mornings we go to A.W.E., which stands for Alternative Work Experience. It is a place where the students learn various clerical jobs, and how to act appropriately in a workplace environment. It helps in preparing students for real jobs out in the community. In the afternoons on Thursday and Friday, we also go out to the mall or a grocery store where the students can learn to shop, commnicate with store personel, locate various items, and practice money skills. The days that we are out and about go by really fast. I can't believe that tomorrow is already Friday! Yesterday I had a therapy session, and also saw my nutritionist. It was so nice to go and actually be able to say that I'm doing well. I'm beginning to see some light.

0 Comments: