THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rock Steady

sunshine
Ahhh! A cloudless, clear blue sky, and sunshine! I desperately needed some sunlight, and finally, here it is. I'm filled with hope, energy, and happiness today, with just an overall sense of peace. I'm not really sure what I am going to do with this day, but even if it is just cleaning the house, I am going to make the choice to do it with joy. In one of the group sessions at Renfrew, we talked about how we can make a concious decision to approach everything we do with a positive attitude, even the mundane chores of daily life, and how much that can impact the quality of our lives. Of course, that is so much easier on a sunny day! Sometimes I get down because I feel like there is nothing exciting to look forward to. Day after day, the same boring routine, and I think, to tell you the truth, that I'm just not used to it. Since Dave and I have been married, it has always been one thing after another. The birth of our sons, new homes, dealing with a child diagnosed with autism, Dave's brain tumor surgeries, my eating disorder and abuse issues... My life is steady and normal right now, and it just feels strange. It is almost as if I'm afraid to enjoy the calm too much, for fear of losing it. My ongoing battle to enjoy the moment. Today I will strive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why you need to move to sunny Florida!