THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 11, 2008

Wise Gladys

Photobucket
I need to be getting ready for work, but Christian used all of the hot water for his shower, so I'm waiting...and writing.
I'm feeling melancholy at the moment because I just read that Polly Williams from the HBO documentary THIN passed away. She was one of the women suffering from anorexia that was featured in the documentary filmed at The Renfrew Center in Florida. It makes me think of all of the wonderful women that I met while I was there, and who among us will die from our eating disorder. I want to go back and hug them all one more time. I want to tell them what Gladys, one of the wise staff members at Renfrew told me as she hugged me goodbye. She said, with her Jamaican accent, "No more of this bullshit, Angie."

May you finally rest in peace, Polly.

0 Comments: