THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 19, 2008

All That I Want

It has been a very rough week,
of which I will write more about soon.
I wrote this poem last year.

I long to feel the joy that comes with freedom.

Photobucket
With Abandon

I want to drift
through lavender fields
The petals so soft
like the fingers of children,
laying hands on my face
Bringing their kisses,
the sun bursting lips,
the warm blush of roses

I want to twirl
and spin in the rain
The pelting of tears,
the pin pricks of pain
Barefoot laughter
dancing in time,
to the dripping
rhythm and rhyme

I want to sing!
Pounding keys,
plucking strings
A melody rising,
resounding within
Staccato, fortissimo,
the march of my heart
Beating wild,
abandoned,
alive


by Angela Minard 2007

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellllllllllooooooooo Angel:

Here is your thought of the day.

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit. - Richard Bach

Keep up the good work.

Love

Angela said...

Thank you, and I love you:)

Anonymous said...

Such a wistful poem full of perfect imagery!