THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Child Rapists Cannot Be Executed

Photobucket
I'm so angry and sickened beyond belief over the Supreme Court's ruling that child rapists cannot be executed. Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion, "the death penalty is not a proportional punishment for the rape of a child." WHAT THE HELL!!! That statement is just so unbelievable. No, it is not proportional. Child rapists should be tortured first, and if not put to death, at least put away for life. Instead, most often, they are given a slap on the wrist and set free to rape again. It is so sad that the rights of a criminal come before the rights of a victim, and especially children, who are unable to protect themselves. Being raped as a child took away so much of my life that can never be replaced. Thirty years later, I'm still trying to work my way through the pain. I'm tortured daily by the horrific memories of being raped by two young men who forced me to say that I liked it before they would stop. It never really ends though, does it? We continue to silence the voice of a child.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

when you are isolated from the people you work for this is what happens

Debbie said...

this leaves me with a pit in my stomach.............

Kim said...

hear hear Angela !!
that image that you have chosen is perfect ...
so powerful !!!

Anonymous said...

Anthony Kennedy should be stoned !!

Anonymous said...

I would not worry too much. If they are not on death row, then they are in the general population. Most murders, robbers and career criminals do not like child abusers. There punishment is in the hand of the prisoners. What a shame. Kid rapers do not catch much of a break.

tashabud said...

I say, they should be locked up for life and die a slow, harrowing death. I hope you'll be able to put this tragic experience behind you. Or is it even possible? Take care and have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Angie....the justice system sucks. The guilty go free while the innocent are left to suffer.