THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Don't Turn Around

Photobucket
We finished painting the rec room last night, and it looks fabulous if I do say so! It is a warm gold color, and it really brightens the space. The boys all really liked it too, which is good, since they are the ones who spend the majority of their time down there. When they were little, we used to tell them to go down and play in the dungeon, but it no longer looks like a dungeon, thank goodness! So, we are officially done with home improvement for the summer. Besides a few pictures left to hang on the walls, and maybe a couple of nick nacks to add here and there, everything is completed, and that feels great! Last summer, I had planned on doing this, but was just too sick and depressed to get anything accomplished. I was afraid that this summer was going to be like that too, but my mom came and saved the day. The new medication that I'm taking is also working, and I'm feeling very upbeat and joyous.
This morning, Dave and I have a couples therapy session. I usually dread these, because I feel like everyone talks about me as if I'm not even in the room, but today I feel like everything has been going very good. Dave shouldn't have too many complaints, and I don't either. He has been so patient throughout all of this. I could not ask for a kinder or more loving husband. I feel very blessed.

Here is a poem that I wrote a while back~
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Don't Turn Around

Oh, the strong arms
of a quiet man!
My heart
expands
beneath
his warm hands.

Love
grows strong
and days
swirl fast.
Spinning,
spinning,
spinning past.

One,
two,
three,
four...

Golden arms,
baby tears.
Their sweet
whispered secrets
in my ear.

So I must
not waste away.
Always trying
to hide
from pain.
Seeking shadows,
finding rain.

The past
can never
be undone,
and shadows
often lie.
Nightmares turn
my dreams
to dust.
Stealing
what is mine
to trust.

So, hold on tight!
Feet on the ground.
Grasp this life.
Don't turn around.

Angela Minard©

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiment with just the right words!

Sunny said...

Angie...you have such amazing talent.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

lovely words..you write well..

Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

"Too many parents make life hard for their children by trying, too zealously, to make it easy for them." - Goethe

But we will never quit trying, sorry!! No regrets:

Love