THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Never Stop Fighting


Photobucket
Dave and I had a great therapy session yesterday. He is pleased to see that my depression is lifting, and that I'm eating on a regular basis. It feels good to be able to laugh and smile again. Dave said that he missed being able to joke around with me. Depression really doesn't lend itself to a sense of humor, but I do feel like mine is coming back. It is as if we are falling in love all over again, and that is wonderful. Recognizing all of the qualities that we love about each other and cherishing the time we are able to spend together. I don't want to waste anymore time worrying about my body...trying to chase some kind of elusive perfection. I realize how pointless and counterproductive it is to all of my relationships. Claudia is very close to the curb!



"To be nobody but yourself~
in a world which is doing it's best,
night, and day,
to make you like everybody else~
means to fight the hardest battle
which any human being can fight,
and never stop fighting."


e.e. cummings


I have made vows and promises to the people that I love.
I will never stop fighting...for them, but most of all, for me.

4 Comments:

The Speaker said...

Claudia needs to hit the curb and keep on running. :) I really wanted to talk to you. Is there a good time to call?

Is there a time difference between you and me? I'm in MN.

Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back." - Arthur Rubinstein

I am glad that love is "back" in your life. None of us can live without!!

Love ya

Donn

Sunny said...

What a wonderful post! I'm so happy to read it.

I love the quite you added too. It reminds me of on eof my favorite movies....Harold and Maude, when she and Harold are walking through a field of daisies and Harold says he'd like to be one of those flowers because "they're all the same." Then, Maude points out how beautiful each individual flower is because of their differences. She ends by saying something like, "I think the source of the world's sorrow is that we're one of these (individual flower) but we allow ourselves to be treated like that." (a field of what appear to be the same exact flowers)

Anonymous said...

Nice touch with the e.e. cummings quote. Beautiful. Congrats on the progress! Keep writing - we love to read it!

Justin