THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 15, 2008

Too Full


This was my first week back to work after summer vacation, but today was the first day that we had students. It is a lifeskills class with ten students, most of which have been diagnosed with autism. It is a fun group of kids, and I'm really looking forward to working with them.
Work is a wonderful distraction from the self destructive thoughts and painful feelings that I've been having this week. Eating has been difficult, and when I'm working, it is easy to skip breakfast and lunch. I did eat a salad with the family at dinner last night, and I will try to eat something with them every evening. I know that it's not enough, but it is all that I can do right now. It is strange how my stomach can be empty, and yet I still feel so uncomfortably full.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Work is a good distraction from the destructive thoughts but you cannot let it distract you from eating as you know you need that too. Pack a small snack to cover lunch, something with fiber/carbs please, for you.

Anonymous said...

If you do this your metabolism will slow to a crawl and you will begin the vicious cycle again. Please don't. You've come so far.