THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Pure Maiden

Photobucket

The Pure Maiden

Stolen years
believing that the loss alone
somehow made me less.
Kept clean, untouched.
Never again in my little girl head
could I be good, be pure, wear white.
Mother Mary, full of grace,
bow your head, and pray.


Now we sell our virginity to pay
for graduate school, a fancy car,
perhaps a diamond ring.
In ignorance, sold like a whore,
to the highest bidder
so the world can continue to believe
that we are nothing.

Angela Minard 2008©


3 Comments:

Lisa and Jim said...

I read about the girl in Nevada. I can't imagine how painful it must be for a very large number of women and men to see her doing this. Thank you for your courage in writing.

neferiti said...

This is very deep! Thank you for sharing.

Angela said...

The story of the Nevada grad student made me very sad.