THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Celebrating Birthday's

Happy Birthday Balloons Pictures, Images and Photos

It is another grey and gloomy day here in Kansas. I hate the winters here because the sun rarely seems to make an appearance. It is hard not to want to just crawl under the blankets and hibernate until spring comes. I'm going to keep the house warm and cozy by baking some pumpkin bread and chocolate chip cookies for the boys today.
Thursday was my youngest son, Roman's twelfth birthday, and on Sunday, my oldest will turn eighteen. Where do the years go? We celebrated by taking them all to
The Cheesecake Factory for dinner on Thursday evening. We rarely go out to eat at restaurants because it is so expensive to feed a family of six, so it was a special treat, and we all had a really great time. They are enjoyable kids to be around, and I was proud of them. Christian, the oldest, was flirting with the waitress, which was cute, and I think that she was charmed by all of them.
Today will mostly be filled with chores around the house, and then on Sunday, we are going to spend the afternoon with the in-laws and family, with more birthday celebrating. I wish my parents and brother weren't living so far away. It is around this time of year that I miss them even more. I'm also jealous that they are living in sunny
Florida! Oh well...I need to get busy around here. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

6 Comments:

j said...

Happy birthday to your boys!

Lisa and Jim said...

How fun! Happy b-day to the boys.

And yay for a good waitress. The seven of us in my family had our share of eye-rollers, but it's amazing how much a caring, easygoing waitress can do to make a meal special.

Anonymous said...

It should be know that we miss the boys and you guys as well. The sun shines here all the time and that is why the call it the "sunshine" state. I know what you are going through, I have to be outside and it is gloomy when it is winter time in Kansas. Perhaps I will send you some pictures of the sun next week. We were out riding motorcycles today after work and when the temp is in the 70's it is great for riding.

Tell the boys HB from grandpa Florida.

We will get together sooner than later.

Love: Old man from Florida

Immi said...

Thanks for stopping by, Angie. I hope your boys had a good birthday!

Janet Gardner said...

Hi Angela,
I have posted an award for you on my blog,
Take Care,
Janet:)

--- said...

I know the feeling. I too, live in Kansas, and these winters feel as though there is no end sometimes. My eating disorder always seems to flare up during these long, dark months. I wish you the best of luck and have faith that somewhere, the sun is shining.
~Michele
P.S. If I was that waitress, I would probably flirt with your son... I'm about his age! ;)