THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chance

I've decided not to respond to my dads letter that he wrote to me a few months back. It just feels right...at least at this moment it does.

Photobucket


Chance

The letter still lies in a drawer
unanswered
and too much time
has passed
It's easier to let you go
less pain
to look forward to
Maybe I can move on
just knowing that you tried
I wanted you to fight
to hold on to us
so long ago
but we were never enough
Maybe I will write
and maybe this time
I will be too late
but that is the chance
that I will have to take

Angela Minard 2009©

7 Comments:

clean and crazy said...

such pretty poetry, a lament and still so powerful and beautiful.

Mike Golch said...

Great peotry. the last Father' day I had with my Dad was in 1984,I broke down the wall that he put up between us.I'm so glad that I did that he died that august.

Anonymous said...

I like you poem, especially "I wanted you to fight/ to hold on to us". Thanks.

Unknown said...

Just to let you know how very much I admire your words. They are heartfelt and powerful. Thank you for sharing.

and because you make my life a richer place with your words I have given you an award. Please feel free to stop in at jugglingteens.blogspot.com to see it

Angela said...

Thanks Shauni, I really appreciate your saying that, and also thank you for the award:)

TOMAS said...

Your words put me under a charm. So while meditating over a cup of coffee I recognized myself not alone but dreaming together with you. That was just awesome picture - the unanswered letters transfered into the whitest cloudlets and were dancing so eloquently for us in high sky. Thank you.

Angela said...

Thomas, I'm glad that you liked the poem and picture:)