THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On The Right Path

Photobucket

I'm back on the trail, walking with purpose, winding my way again towards the light.

I went walking again this morning with my neighbor. Although I like walking alone better, having someone to hold me accountable motivates me to actually get out there and do it. There is a beautiful wooded trail that runs directly behing my house, so it is very convenient to be able to step right outside my back door to get some exercise. I'm already feeling much better, and to be honest, I'm proud of myself for quickly recognizing where I was headed, and doing something about it before it became too dark. Depression has a way of sinking into your bones until you literally become paralyzed, or at least that is how it feels to me, and I refuse to let the rest of this summer slip away from me in that way. There is entirely too much to enjoy and live for. Depression robs you of all the small joys in life that should never be taken for granted.
Yesterday I got such a kick out of my two youngest boys, who are 12 and 13. They had a friend over and decided to get out their video camera. They dressed up in crazy outfits and walked up to Walgreen's and filmed themselves shopping. They had such a great time and came home so that they could put their cinema mastepiece on youtube. They were cracking up at themselves!
I'm enjoying the summer being home with my family, and with the boys growing up so fast, I don't want to miss out on a single moment of time spent with them, although lately, it is mostly time spent observing them. That is okay though. I'll take what I can get!

6 Comments:

Rainie Lee said...

Hi there Angel,
I like your attitude! Defeat the depression so you can reclaim the beauty of your summer! Don't let your ED steal away the fun.
By the way, your boys are so cute!

Enjoy your beautiful day!
Egg Beaten Angel

Kim said...

Thanks, Angela for following my blog! I enjoy reading yours and will add you to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Keep going down this path of joy, determination and positive thinking. It must feel so good to come from a point of light rather than darkness. If you keep going in this direction you will defeat all of your demons.

lynn said...

I find that whenever I need a little kick in the pants to go on a walk alone I listen to podcasts.

Mike Golch said...

one step at a time,and always moving forward is the key.
Now where in the heck did I put the lock?????

Mizé said...

Precious moments like those you described with your teens can really help fighting depression thoughts.
I see depression as a wave of negative thoughts that are hard to fight, they emerge like a snowball, difficult to stop.
If you could recognize where and how they start... it would be half way to help you replace them with alternative ones. We´re in charge of our thoughts.
I´m glad to read you´re fighting it the best you can, Keep it up! From what I´ve read here you have good reasons to rescue your joy and a family that cares for you.
Mizé