THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Going To The Pool

Photobucket

I'm sitting here right now in a new bathing suit that I just bought this afternoon. We are going to a pool party later on, and I thought that it was about time that I try to get through the fear of trying on bathing suits. I actually just saw one on the rack, brought it home, and thank God, it fit! I also bought a cover up just in case I'm not brave enough to show the suit. I'm just going to take it slow because I'm definitely not comfortable with my body. I do feel comfortable with the people that I'm going to be around though, and that really helps. When I look back to January and think about the total breakdown that I had over my weight gain, it feels good to see how far that I've already come. Slowly, I'm breaking down the walls that have held me back for so long, and I'm beginning to realize that I'm making my way through this. More than any other time, I feel determined to recover.

3 Comments:

clean and crazy said...

baby steps are great, i too have a fear of swim suits, the first 3 years of my recovery i kept long shirts and pants through out the year. though i wear a swim suit today, it is more like a big dress, black with blue flowers. but i am learning to walk through my fears.
good luck to you sounds like you are on the right track

BK said...

Hope you had fun at the pool party.

Janet Gardner said...

Hi Angela,
I am always inspired when I stop by here by your strength and courage. Sorry I do not get by as much as I would like, but I will work on that. I watched my mother fight bipolar disorder and get better through the years, you have no idea how much more we loved her because we understood how hard things were for her. And when she had her bad days we still loved her the same as I can see your family is the same as mine. I have learned a mother is one of our first loves and nothing will or can ever change that. I drove by her house today, she use to live around the corner from me. How much I wanted to drive up her street and see her again. But I carry her strength and love inside me. I am sure your family is so proud of you. I am on facebook as well if you would like a new friend send me a request.
Keep up the good fight.
Take Care,
Janet :)