THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 18, 2009

A Wish For Peace

Photobucket

I'm actually blogging from work today because we are doing nothing productive, and the student that I work with isn't even here. We are having our holiday party, which of course means a ridiculous amount of food. In fact, my co-worker's are already eating and it is only 8:30 a.m. It is stressing me out,so that is why I'm over at the computer blogging instead of eating. I'm really going to eat some this afternoon though, because it would look strange if I didn't.
I have so much to do tonight before my parent's get here. I have a lot of cleaning to do because it is so hard to do it during the week, and with the boys, it doesn't stay that way, so why bother. I'm excited though, and have a ton of energy. Maybe the increase in my medication is working too well. My therapist said that I seemed a bit manic at our last session. It was a great session though. We talked about my being hurt that she would drop me over the alcohol thing. She explained again that she has limits, and that she cares about me so much that she couldn't watch me destroy myself. It has worked, because I haven't had a drink since, even though I have wanted to at times. I think I'm over the hurt. She gave me such a great hug before I left, and said it was my choice. I would get rid of her when I was ready, but that she hoped it would only be when I was recovered enough not to need her. I have a better understanding of where she is coming from. We also talked about my going to therapy with my dad, and she said that she would really like to go with me if it was possible. She also wants to talk with the therapist beforehand. She doesn't want it to be one sided. Her hope is that I can finally direct my anger where it needs to be directed, so I'm seriously considering doing it.
Well, that is all for now. I may not be blogging much while my parent's are here. We will see, but if not, I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday, and can be with their loved ones. I feel so blessed to be with mine, although I will be missing my brother. I wish everyone peace.

4 Comments:

clean and crazy said...

sounds like an exciting and scary time in your life today. wow i hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family. i am glad therapy is helping, i am glad you are working on you. eating a bit will help give you more energy as well.

Anonymous said...

Peace to you too Angela.
Have a wonderful holiday!

Wanda's Wings said...

Trying eating a bit for some extra energy. Hope the holidays are all you hope for.

Ann said...

You sound very upbeat today, glad to hear it. Enjoy your time with your parents and have a wonderful holiday.