THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 2, 2010

To Dream...

Photobucket

I'm still on vacation, and enjoying every lazy minute of it. Today I got out of bed at 10:00, and then found myself napping an hour later! It was a wonderful nap though, and I dreamt of biking through a beautiful forest with my husband. Dreams are funny, aren't they? We haven't been on bikes in years, and my husband's biking days are over since the brain tumor, but the dream was soothing, and now I feel very well rested. I'm also grateful to be alive...to dream.
Last January, I was in the darkest depression of my life. I look back, and cannot even tell you about the holidays or what I did during that time. I was in a deep pit, and could not find my way out. The only option I could see at the time was to get out. I only wanted an end to the pain, and I had lost my will to fight anymore. After the suicide attempt, it took months before I could see any glimmers of hope and light. There were many moments of anger that I had failed, and I still have guilt about those feelings, and the many people that I hurt. I do worry about this relapse with the eating disorder. There are times when I wonder if this is somehow a more passive form of suicide. I can honestly say that I do not want to die, and that I'm grateful for each and every breath that I take. I'm not much for making new years resolutions, but I do resolve this year to kick this eating disorder to the curb, once and for all. I have too much to live for.

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

HI Angela! You had stopped by my blog this past July on a post I had done about the Patrick Overton quote I had written about...

Anyway I just thought I'd stop by and say hi since its been some time since I'd been here.

It's good to hear you have a bit of a fight on for these issues! You go!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Recovery from an eating disorder is incredibly difficult, but I believe you have the drive to do it! Your resolve is very admirable.

Wishing you well,
NOS

Joanne Olivieri said...

You can do it and I'm glad you had a good and peaceful day. Happy New Year to you.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Unknown said...

i love seeing all the positivity coming out of you right now. day by day my friend, you will do it. much love to you!

hugz!

Ann said...

You've come such a long way Angela. It's so great to hear you sounding so positive. Go for it and don't look back, you can do it.

Wanda's Wings said...

What a positive post. You can do it.

j said...

I'm glad to hear that you've been feeling better -- and yes, you can do it!

geetha said...

Wish You happy new year...:-)