THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Moment Of Hunger

Photobucket

A Moment Of Hunger

Edgy with a hunger that gnaws deep within
Needles shaking as the yarn spills
from between clumsy fingers
The aroma of chocolate chip cookies
freshly baked, permeates not only the air,
but my mind.
Ignoring the needy flesh that craves
Berating myself, hating myself,
and all of the endless wanting
Preparing tea to quell the growling emptiness
Distracted and pulled away for a moment,
the buzzing chatter of a cluttered mind
quiets with the mundane task
Cold hands wrap around the steaming cup,
reflection wavering amidst the golden water
The sweet warmth, gulped in quick succession,
fills the cavernous darkness,
soothing the throbbing ache inside,
thankfully growing numb to the pain

Angela Minard 2010©




9 Comments:

Ann said...

I can hear the sadness and pain coming through your poem. My heart goes out to you and I pray that you find the answers and the strength to overcome it all. Hang in there sweetie you deserve the best.

Nicole said...

*hugs*

Sending all my love <3<3<3

Anonymous said...

Recognize that your body is only a vessel. You are the spiritual being it carries through this life. You are punishing your body for the darkness and emptiness of your spirit. You have a mission in this life and the gifts necessary to fufill it. Focus on the people you love and be there for them. One day you will turn around and you children will be grown. Don't waste this precious time with them. Choose happiness, joy, laughter, love...

Joanne Olivieri said...

You are always in my thoughts and I know you will get through all of this. Just keep remembering those you love and those who love you.

Unknown said...

find the strength to take back your life my friend. it is in there. love you...hugz!

Anonymous said...

Any way you dress it up with words, this is suicide by slow starvation, and your children and husband are being forced to watch you commit it. Is this what you want for them?

green me said...

I enjoyed your post and very informative. come on my blog I hope you Find information effectively. thanks

Anonymous said...

Start thinking outside of yourself. None of us get the luxury of going through life so self consumed. You must find a way to live your life more unselfishly and to try to give back to others. You have a husband and four children that are not able to live their true lives because of the constant worry over you.You are robbing everyone around you of the happiness that they deserve. That is the true tragedy in all of this.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.