THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism Awareness Month Pictures, Images and Photos

I work with children with autism, so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention, that April is Autism Awareness Month. For more information on how to get involved, go to
http://www.autism-society.org/.

I also wrote a poem awhile back about some of the children that I work with, and have worked with in the past. Many people with autism are non-verbal, or have very limited communication skills. I wrote this for them~

The Interpreter

In my dreams
sometimes they speak
as if they did it everyday
Voices so smooth and effortless
that I forget to listen to the words

Eyes that seem to stare
into a vast and hollow void
Spinning objects in revolutions
of endless delight
Fingers that flicker and eyes
that look away

My heart tries to hear
what they cannot say
and in my dreams
sometimes they speak

Angela Minard 2010©

3 Comments:

Laane said...

What a wonderful poem.

Thanks for giving your care for autism.

Wanda's Wings said...

What a beautiful poem.

Paula said...

How wonderful. They do speak in the dreams, at leats they used to do so in mine. You are a very caring and kind person to work with effected kids. I always admire people being able to do so. Wish you a very peaceful weekend. Paula xxx