THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Angel

The Carer Pictures, Images and Photos

My Nonni, which is what I called my grandma, used to call me"Angel." I loved that...believing that one day I would fly, and ever since, I've loved angels, fairies, unicorns, and butterfly wings.
My mom has always said that she was a beautiful soul, too gentle for this world. I looked forward to her laughter, followed by a hacking cough, because she smoked pack after pack of cigarettes. Sadness surrounded her though, the shades drawn, amber pill bottles filled the coffee table next to the worn upholstered chair that she sat in for most of her day. She loved to watch General Hospital, and I would sit and watch with her. We would talk about the characters, and how horrible Erica Cane was. She bought me frilly Easter dresses, and made me feel like a beautiful and treasured doll. At her funeral, I carried my first born son on my hip. She would never hold my babies in her soft arms. I miss her. She is the angel that watches over me.

5 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

It is a terrible feeling to miss one we lost. It is wonderful to know they still look down on us from heaven.

Ann said...

What sweet memories of your grandmother. Through your memories she lives on. I'm sure that your angel is smiling down on you.

Nicole said...

That is so lovely and also sad. I'm glad that you had such a good person in your life who brought you so much love, happiness, and comfort. But it's sad that she never got to meet your boys. I know she can see them from Heaven, though, and I know that she will always be proud of you and that she is watching over you.

Sending all my love <3
Nicole

Sunny said...

What a beautiful poem. I am sure she is looking down on you and smiling. :)

Sairs said...

thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I so love the layout of your blog, it's awesome! It's nice to have good memories of someone but sad you lost. I hope you have a really good day!
Sarah