THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 5, 2010

With Abandon

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is probably the happiest poem that I've ever written, and since I'm feeling so happy, I thought I would share it:-)

With Abandon

I want to drift
through lavender fields.
The petals so soft
like the fingers of children,
laying hands on my face.
Bringing their kisses.
The sun bursting lips.
The warm blush of roses.

I want to twirl
and spin in the rain
The pelting of tears,
the pin pricks of pain.
Barefoot laughter.
Dancing in time,
to the dripping rhythm
and rhyme.

I want to sing.
Pounding keys,
plucking strings.
A melody rising,
resounding within.
Staccato, fortissimo.
The march of my heart.
Beating wild.
Abandoned.
Alive.

Angela Minard 2010©

8 Comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Angela, I can feel the sheer joy within you through these glorious words. Beautiful poetry.

Wanda's Wings said...

It is full of sheer joy.

Ann said...

What a wonderful poem. It's so good to hear you sounding so happy. Keep it up.

Ferd said...

My first visit and I am wowed!!

The poem made me more than happy. It was a reminder and a call to live life to the fullest! Okay. I will!
:-)

And I'll be back! I think I'm going to love your site!

Paula said...

Life and joy calling. Precious. Hugs to you

Ruth said...

Good to see you doing so well! (((HUGS)))

Nicole said...

This is one of my absolute favorite poems of yours! :) Did I ever tell you that I once had a dream where I was sitting on a grassy hill and reading a piece of paper, and written on that paper was this poem? I love it :)

All my love <3

Sunny said...

I love this!!! :)