THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 28, 2010

Weighing In

weight Pictures, Images and Photos

Yesterday was my appointment with my nutritionist, and it went well. I was nervous because I knew that I was going to be weighed. I'm doing blind weights, so I don't know what my actual weight is, although I still guess at it! I hadn't been weighed in a few weeks, and although I haven't gained any weight in a year, I'm still always anxious about it. My weight has been stable, but this week I had actually lost 3 1/2 lbs. I was really excited about it, and yes, probably too excited. I was so worried that increasing my food intake would make me gain, but this proves to me that's not the case, and I'm so relieved. Now I feel more comfortable with my meal plan, and I think the exercise is helping to boost my metabolism, which has been sluggish due to the restricting. I know that it's not about losing weight, but being healthy, or at least I hope that if I keep on telling myself that, I will believe it. Losing weight is so seductive, and for me, all it leads to is wanting to lose more. I do think that I'm past the stage of never believing that I'm thin enough. I no longer want to disappear. My nutritionist says that if I follow the plan, my body will fall into a natural and healthy weight, and I'm going to trust and believe that will happen. I'm going to continue with what I've been doing, and let the rest go.

5 Comments:

Clueless said...

Angela,

Congratulations on following your meal plan. Since I just started with a nutritionist, I'm still skeptical about losing weight by eating more. However, I actually know it is true as this is what I used to tell my clients, but I don't think that I really believe it for me. I meet with mine tomorrow. This post gives me hope.

take care,
CC

Ann said...

Losing the weight was a good thing because it gave you more confidence about eating. I don't think the number is really all that important as long as you feel good about yourself and you're healthy. Keep it up Angela.

Paula said...

There might be a small up and down anyway as we are humans and are in the physical flow... I am so PROUD of you. And as you have more energy - well, that is where the calories goes... So happy. Have a wonderful weekend

Wanda's Wings said...

Very, very proud of you. Your attitude seems great toward your food plan.

^V^ said...

Hello~i have just saw yr blog when i was searching poems in the Net. can we be fds?
Congratulations!
i am happy to know that you are having a meal plan. i want to lose weight too, but i cant. i adore u so much!^V^