THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Morning Comes

Photobucket

Morning Comes

Sitting in the sun
where the dark shadows are done
the night feels far away
there is now no need to run
Waking dreams disappear
with the light
The streaming brightness
hides the fear

Coffee brewing
Children chatter
Newspaper rustling
as you work your puzzle
The sounds of morning
fill my ears
I wait for you to come
and sit by my side
your breath warm on my cheek
the gentle safety of your arms
that rest against my shoulders
Sinking into you
Holding on tight to the day

Angela Minard 2010©

9 Comments:

Lisa said...

beautiful. you can do it. hold on tight. hoping you have a good day :)
xoxo
-Lisa

Paula said...

Heartbreakingly touching. Hold on. Love from my heart to yours.

. said...

a very beautiful poem...
i hope you're having a nice day!
xoxo

Miriam said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you as always for sharing! I hope that you have an amazing day <3

Wanda's Wings said...

That is so beautiful. You have a gift. May your day be bright today and always.

Unknown said...

here's to a bright hopeful sunday <3

Just Be Real said...

It is amazing. It is like at night the world shuts down, until day break then life once again begins. Thanks for sharing Angela. Blessings.

Ann said...

Beautiful words, perfection in poetry. Hold on and have a bright and beautiful day

I Hate to Weight said...

i couldn't agree with you more. wonderful poem.