THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Safe Place

Photobucket

A Safe Place

The jangle of the phone rattles my nerves
startling me out from under the weight of memories
and I breathe in and sigh
leaving the ring unanswered
Lost and lonely today
I wander through rooms
searching for the peace and comfort of home
but you are not here and I sink into a silent panic
afraid that you will never again walk through the door
Irrational fear settles into the racing of my heart
as I nervously fold the laundry with trembling hands
Mistakenly, I think that I've heard the garage door open
my throat constricting with relief
until I realize it is only my imagination
and the tears prick my eyes for a moment
before I shake my head
Sitting on the edge of our bed
I draw my knees to my chest
cradling myself until I hear your footsteps on the stairs
your voice breaking the stillness of dread
and I'm wrapped in the safety of your arms once again

Angela Minard 2010©

8 Comments:

. said...

this is beautiful, your'e really talented!

Wanda's Wings said...

Very beautiful. You can express so much with your poetry.

Ann said...

Again a beautiful piece.

Lisa said...

beautiful. i understand every word of it. i love it. thanks for sharing. i really appreciate it

<3
-Lisa

Tori said...

I don't know your story or what this part of it explains, but it's making me want to know more!

Writing is a great form of therapy for some people, including me. So keep writing and letting your voice be heard!

<3 Tori

Just Be Real said...

Angela, you speak from your heart of your pain. Great piece. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Kind of scary to think that a person can be this scared being alone.

Superman

Janet Gardner said...

So beautiful, I have felt that way too,
Take Care,
Janet :)