Never Them

I've had a good weekend. Dave and I went out on Friday night, and that was fun, and much needed. I needed to laugh with friends and let loose. I feel like I've been tied in knots for weeks. I've also done really well with food in the past four days, and yes, I'm counting the days. They are important. I ate dinner last night with my family, which hasn't happened a lot lately, and strangely, I haven't felt guilty for the food that I've eaten. I think that I'm finally getting that I must take care of myself in order to feel good about myself. I didn't think that I was going to be able to turn things around. I felt so stuck.
My therapy sessions helped this week. One session was spent talking to my therapists back, but I was able to speak. I couldn't bear to see her eyes for some reason, but the words came spilling out, and it was a relief. The next session was spent sobbing huge, ugly tears, but the world didn't end. The pain didn't rip me apart like I thought it would. I feel a wholeness in myself that I don't think I have ever felt. My therapist talks a lot about taking back my power, and not letting them win, and those words are sinking in now. I want to be the winner in this life. Never them...never them.
Comments
All of my love <3<3<3
Nicole
I'm so happy to see you're feeling better in yourself. ((hugs))
i tell myself not to let them win. it helps.
hope you continue to feel some relief.
and I *hate* being emotional in therapy but like you said -- the world does not end when the tears come. Thanks for the reminder :)
Superman