THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Angel Boy

Heart of Wings Pictures, Images and Photos

He had bright red hair, a smattering of freckles across his nose, and a shy, sweet smile. He was five years old, and in the softest voice he would call me Gigi. He was just the cutest little guy that I had been working with this year, and he passed away. He went home from school yesterday, took a nap, and didn't wake up. He had a seizure disorder, and they think that is what caused his death. I'm sick over it, and heartbroken for his family. I cannot even imagine the pain they are going through. I'm glad that I was able to spend some one on one time with him yesterday. I took him to music class, where he sat on the risers squirming while they sang "We're Going On A Bear Hunt." We walked back to class, singing on the way, his tiny hand holding mine. He will be greatly missed.

8 Comments:

Ann said...

I can only imagine how you and his family must feel. So sorry to hear about your young friend.

Nicole said...

Oh Angie, I am so, so terribly sorry. This is very heartbreaking and I'm just so sorry that this happened.

I'm glad you were able to be a part of his life while he was here.

I'm thinking of you and sending all my love <3

*hugs and more hugs*
Nicole

Wanda's Wings said...

Oh,
I am so very very sorry. So very young and innocent. Thinking about you and his family.

I Hate to Weight said...

oh. i don't really have other words. so, so sorry. he IS an angel now

Ruth said...

Always hard when a child dies....so sorry to hear. (((((HUGS)))))

Paula said...

I am so sorry! Thinking of his family and you.

Blue Butterfly said...

I teared after reading this. I have a nine year old brother and I can't imagine him dying young before me. (Yeah, I'm the ancient elder sister.)

I'm glad your last memory of him was a positive and uplifting one.

Do take care.

*hugs*

Lee said...

What wonderful grace it was for him to spend his last day on earth with you! You touched spirits and shared light. It was a beautiful gift.

Lee