THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Perfectly Purple

purple crayon crayola Pictures, Images and Photos

I have a thing for the color purple. I especially like to wear it. I think it started in high school with a pair of purple hiking boots. I loved those boots! I have many purple clothing items and accessories. Lets see...there is my purple purse and dangly Spanish hoop earrings with purple beads, and of course my cherished long purple sweater with the white fur trimmed hood, but never a purple coat. I've been on the lookout for years, until one day about two months ago when I saw IT. It was perfect, and warmer than my other coats I justified to my husband who said that I didn't need another coat. Of all places, it was at Sam's Club where I shopped weekly, so I was taunted everytime I went. I was surprised when I would go, and they weren't sold out. I guess not everyone is as passionate about purple as I am. Now Christmas is nearing and my husband asks me what I want this year. HELLO!!! I want that purple coat! Today we went to Sam's Club to buy my son a new hoodie, and there was that beautiful coat hanging on the rack next to the other plain and boring coats. There were 4 of them left, and one in my size, so I slipped it on and it fit perfectly. It was the only one in my size, and when my husband saw me in it, he rolled his eyes with a smile, and agreed that it could be an early Christmas gift, so now I am the proud owner of the most awesome purple coat. That coat makes up for the fact that I absolutely despise winter. I figure it will brighten up all of the grey and gloomy days to come. The next thing to do is to find the perfect yarn to knit the perfect scarf to go with my perfect coat:)

7 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

I bet you look great in your purple coat. Early Christmas is fun too!!!

Ann said...

This just made me smile. It really is the little things that bring so much joy.
Congrats on getting that purple coat. Smart move trying it on :)
Have a happy Thanksgiving

Blue Butterfly said...

Snap a picture of your purple coat! (: Blue's my favourite colour; most of my clothes are in blue! Down to my wallet, my notebooks, my alarm clock and even my facial cleanser, toner and moisturiser! (The last three were completely unintentional though.)

Snuggle into that coat to chase the winter blues (oops) away! ;)

*hugs*

Unknown said...

well, purple is certainly ok with me... haha!

happy thanksgiving! may it be filled with gratitude and joy :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and glorious purple days.
Paula xxx

Clueless said...

My FAVORITE color is also purple!!! I get teased about it too. Your post made me smile. Let's hear it for purple!!

I Hate to Weight said...

i love purple! i hate winter! i want a purple coat!

i love cheery things. lipstick makes me happy. i can perk myself right up. my friend works in Macys and she brings me lots of samples. bliss.

enjoy your coat, Angela!!!!