THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Magical Rainbows

RAINBOW Pictures, Images and Photos

I have a star prism that hangs from the rearview mirror of my car that my mom gave me when I was in Florida. I love the way when the sun is shining, tiny rainbows dance around my car. It is magical, and the small kaleidoscopes of color make me smile. It really is the little things in life that create happiness.

Today is better than the sadness I was feeling earlier in the week. Sometimes I don't think that I'm strong enough to deal with painful feelings, but then when I've made it through, I realize that I do have the strength inside of me. I worked through some of those feelings last night during my therapy session. I had a very disturbing dream the other night, and I cannot even make myself explain what it was about. It was too ugly to put into words. I told my therapist what it was about, but I couldn't go into details without crying. She helped me to make sense of it though, and her insight was very helpful. I just wish that I didn't dream such horrible things so often. Food has also been better today. I even had a chicken snack wrap from McDonald's. Fast food generally scares me, but I felt like it was the safest thing on the menu. Today I see my nutritionist, who I haven't seen in a month. I have a lot to tell her. I think she will be pleased with how I've been doing for the most part. I made it through Thanksgiving, challenged myself with some new foods, and although I skip meals here and there, I think that I've done fairly well. Now if I could only keep the sun shining, so I could always see the rainbow:)

5 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

It really is the "little" things that can keep us going. The rainbows are beautiful. Making it through the Holiday season with an eating disorder is very hard and scary. It sounds like you did a good job with all that was going on. Next we have the Christmas season.

Flannery said...

Yay! You're amazing.

Paula said...

You go girl. The more often you are aware that you made it through, the easier it will get over time and you will believe more in your strength

Jackie said...

I am loving hearing all this good stuff...the rainbow picture is beautiful!

Keep up the good work and I hope you have a great weekend!
Jackie<3

les jeune fille à les oiseaux said...

sounds like things are looking up and I am happy for your happiness :)