Figure It Out

Who's to say that I have to figure it all out today, right? It's full speed in the wrong direction, that I know for sure, and yet I can't seem to find a way to turn back.
I'm actually feeling good today. It is a cold but sunny day, and after such a grey week, it is a nice change. I just got home from judging my sons high school forensics tournament. I judged both the poetry and prose competitions. It was my first time and I didn't know what to expect, but it was fun. I had to get up at the crack of dawn though! Now I have the rest of the day ahead of me, and I've planned a haircut and some grocery shopping.
I had an interesting conversation on the phone with my brother a little while ago. He wanted to know how I was doing, and I was honest in telling him that I'm struggling. He wanted to know what with, so I told him that I was having a hard time eating. He said that this was the first time that I had ever really talked with him about my eating disorder. He was very supportive, offered suggestions, and also shared some about his own struggles with addiction. I try so hard not to worry my family with how I'm doing, and he said it made him feel more connected to me when I could open up to him. I'm going to try harder to do that. He asked how he could help, but that is such a difficult question for me to answer. There isn't anything that anyone can do except maybe to learn more about eating disorders so that they can better understand. I would never in a million years choose to be anorexic, and the choice to recover is not as simple as it would seem. If it were, I would have been better years ago. I think that the more I understand the reasons for why I developed an eating disorder, the closer I will get toward recovery.
Well, that is enough for today. Know that I'm not giving up. Even when my posts sound like I am, there is still a part of me that is fighting.
Comments
I'm so glad you were able to share that with your brother, I bet it must have been difficult. But well done, and I'm glad he supported you :) x x
Good to know you're having a nice day :) :)
You can recover.
You can move forward.
And you can be free.
Try to trust that, and try to carry that xxxx
Being able to understand a disease/disorder/addiction makes a huge difference. I know that the more I learned about alcoholism the easier it was to understand the behavior and deal with the situations.
Glad to hear you had a nice chat with your brother. Enjoy the rest of your weekend