THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Damn Crow

Photobucket

"Honor your body."
I hear these words often during yoga class, and it always brings up emotions in me. I'm sad over the years that I've treated my body with total disregard. I'm trying to improve, but still sometimes I take out my pain on this body, even through yoga. I've been working on a pose called "Crow pose," which is a balancing pose. You get down on all fours and then you rest your knees on your triceps and lift your feet off the ground. My triceps are black and blue from repetetive attempts, and yet most of the time it is my nose that hits the ground. I'm realizing that I'm not honoring my body and that right now it has limitations. Limitations are okay. I will keep trying, but I don't have to beat myself up over it. Sometimes I think that it is my mind more than anything that gets in my way.
I've been eating at least one meal a day, and sometimes snacks here and there. Dave and I are going out on a dinner date tonight to
Lidia's, which is our favorite Italian restaraunt. I plan on honoring my body:)

3 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

So very proud of you.

I Hate to Weight said...

yes, we do have to be gentle with ourselves.

and the past -- well, we can't change it. we can only act differently now.

you're great

Eve said...

be gentle with the Angela:)