THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 14, 2011

A Safe Place


I look back on my post from Monday, and realize what a long week it as been. Work has not been good. There are changes being made that I have no say or control over, even though it is my safety that is in jeopardy. This means that I'm going to have to stand up for myself, speak up, and do whatever I can do to take care of my own needs. This is something that I struggle with, but last year was spent being in physical danger daily. Things were supposed to change this year, but my work environment is no longer safe, and I will most likely have to request a change of placement. I feel sad. I care a great deal about the student that I work with, but one or both of us is going to get hurt in this situation as it remains. I have agonized over what to do, trying not to look at it as a failure on my part. Monday I will talk to my supervisors and give them my many reasons for not being able to stay, and see what happens from there. Changes always scare me, but maybe this is for the best.

2 Comments:

Lily said...

It's so hard when our job is all about taking care of others, to then turn around and be able to take care of yourself at the same time too. It seems as though one always suffers. :(

Eve said...

This is absolutely what I needed to read today. The poster and your posting. Thank you for being the change you want to see in the world Angela!
I love you!