THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jackie's Hat


In this picture, I'm wearing a hat that my friend Jackie Heyen crocheted for me. She is starting to sell some of her work, so please go check out her website. Besides being crafty, she is also a talented singer/songwriter, and has a music cd that she recorded about her recovery from anorexia called Journey To Worthy. I actually met Jackie on myspace almost 5 years ago. She was promoting her cd, and I got in touch with her because I was desperate to talk with someone who had completely recovered. She has been one of my biggest cheerleaders ever since. When I went into treatment she came and visited me, and a few summers ago she drove her motorcycle here from Florida to stay for a few days. She is so inspiring, and helped me believe that there could be full recovery from an eating disorder. I've been so blessed to have her friendship in my life. It is always amazing to me how people come into our lives exactly when we need them.

3 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Your friend is talented. It is great how we do have those in our lives that come just at the right time. Take care.

Sia Jane said...

I haven't had chance to read blog posts much recently, BUT I am glad to have come across this.
That beautiful smile :)
I am so proud of how hard you are fighting.
Never forget just how amazing you are <3

Anonymous said...

As they say on tv: That is one bad hat harry!