Wanting


Wanting

Disconnection and mistrust
invasion upon invasion
a barrier between myself and the light
the need for solitude
but the loneliness weighs heavy
You know too much
and yet not enough
always wanting more than I can give

You all want more...
"What do you want to talk about?"
I'm afraid
You will all use it against me
I can't get away from the want
"Tell me what you need?"
Listen to me, but what if you can't hear?

I'm sick...
I can't escape the sick, the broken,
the hopeless, the yearning for a touch that burns
Should I pull away first
before you see the need?
The hunger for more than anyone can give

I'm so sorry
I can never be enough
incomplete
the words are tumbling and I cannot stop them
I promise
trying to be more than I can ever be
the words I write are all that I have
all that I can give
Give, need, and want are incongruent
all that I can say
senseless in the whirling of my mind
apologetic for losing myself to the sick
irrational in my thoughts
I used to be better
before the telling, the spilling of my soul
the loss of time, because at least I could escape
There is not freedom
Do I give up believing?

The nameless horse that I hold in my hand
a talisman
The giving to me so that maybe I can feel
Sometimes people leave on purpose
Sometimes they try to stay
and sometimes I'm the one who drifts away

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Certain

Just Snap Out Of It

Combat