THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Premonition


Photography by Brooke Shaden

A Premonition

The shifting of a dream...
When who I thought you were
is not who you really are at all
The soft smile turning into a ghoulish grin
as you reach out to crush me in your arms
where I had always thought I wanted to be
Too late to break free and run back into the sunlight
The sky, ominous and low, thunders above my head
The warning drum of my heart vibrating in my chest
as the storm tears me away from all that I have known

The trees stand bare and desolate in the silent aftermath
From the scarred earth, I rise alone,
eyes scanning the distant horizon,
fearful I will find you,
my body aching with the emptiness
of being without you

Angela Minard 2012©

1 Comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

Very heart felt poem.