THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 1, 2012

Word Of The Day #1~ Change



"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
~Anais Nin

My previous blog post was about wanting to take some risks in my life. Change does not always have to be some huge, cataclysmic event. Change can and does happen in small ways everyday. Taking part in this blog challenge is a risk because writing prompts have always intimidated me. Sometimes stepping out of our comfort zone in one area of our life promotes growth in other areas. Most often in our lives, change is not immediate. When it comes to the eating disorder, I did not go from anorexia to recovery in one giant leap. Some days I took risks, some days I stood still, and some days I went backward, but all of those days still add up to where I am now. We don't always recognize that change is happening, but it is a constant. We learn from every failure, and each misstep is what will catapult us toward our goals if we allow for mistakes. When we are so consumed with thoughts of failure, that is when we become paralyzed. I'm beginning to realize that not everything I do has to be great, or even very good. This blog post may suck, but I took the chance in writing it and putting it out here anyway, because challenging myself always feels better than being afraid. My eating disorder left me no choice but to change. I had two options, and ultimately I decided to save myself. One of the greatest gifts in this life is the power to change our own outcome, to better ourselves, and to contribute to this world in a positive way. I've been blessed with a second chance, and I want nothing more than to make the most of it.

5 Comments:

Sia Jane said...

It does not suck.
These are your words, your thoughts and that in itself is good enough.
You are amazing.
AND, I adore that quote <3
You will get this Angela.
You will <3

Arielle Bair, MSW, LSW said...

Writing can be so powerful and therapeutic. Looking forward to reading more from you as you continue the challenge!

Cindy Cox said...

Wonderful blog post topic today. Change can be a very good thing & none of us can escape it. Using your writings is a great help for you but also for those who make the time to read as I am doing too. One thing I learned along the way of my own recovery of PTSD, seizures, Bipolar and Borderline Personality Disorder is that life is a recovery in itself when each new change is presented. We either fall to our own demise in changes or we chose to save our self. You are not alone & none of us are. You are very strong and should be very proud of the lessons you learned and are sharing. Thank you:)

PurpleDreamer said...

I love this line "We don't always recognize that change is happening, but it is a constant." It is so true... and so something to always keep in mind! Looking forward to reading the rest of the June challenge!

Nicole said...

"Some days I took risks, some days I stood still, and some days I went backward, but all of those days still add up to where I am now. We don't always recognize that change is happening, but it is a constant. We learn from every failure, and each misstep is what will catapult us toward our goals if we allow for mistakes."

Very well said <3

This is an excellent post, Angie, and you are absolutely right, recovery is not instantaneous and it is so important for us to be patient with ourselves. I need to remind myself of this often, as I tend to get very disappointed in myself for every misstep.

Thank you so much for sharing, I really needed to read this today. And I am so glad you are participating in this challenge! :)

*hugs*
Nicole