THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Difficult Transitions


"Don't move the way fear makes you move. Move the way love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move." ~Osho

I have been thinking about fear for most of the day, and it began early this morning when I was practicing yoga with a friend. We were practicing the Ashtanga primary series, and we were in bakasana, also known as crow pose, and my friend floated effortlessly from crow into low plank, which is something I've been working on, but I'm afraid, and the fear doesn't make me move at all. After I read this quote, I tried to practice the transition again, hoping that if I thought loving and joyful thoughts, maybe it would happen, but nope, the fear was still there, and as I hovered in crow, my heart pounding furiously, I stepped one foot back, and then the other, as usual. I attempted three more times before calling it good, but I thought about all of the times in my life that fear had paralyzed me. I have no doubt that I will eventually master this difficult transition, just as I have overcome other fears in my life. I was explaining in my yoga class this morning, that often when we feel we are stuck in our lives, we are actually taking the time to gather strength and courage before leaping into the unknown. I'm more patient with myself than I have ever been in my life, and so I will continue to practice with love and joy, knowing all the while that I have the perseverance to conquer my fears. 

0 Comments: