THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 9, 2008

A Student Blog




I'm working with a student this summer who has a dual diagnosis of both autism and obsessive compulsive disorder. I have been trying to come up with ways to tie his academic goals and strengths in with some of his current obsessions. Here are some of his latest obsessions, to name a few... National Geographic, typing lists, watching movie clips on the computer, collecting animal facts, and listening to the Davy Crockett theme song over and over again. This weekend I was thinking about how I could incorporate some of what he loves in with his curriculum, and it popped into my head that he could learn how to blog. He has excellent computer and keyboarding skills, and he can follow both visual and written instructions, so I knew that he was capable. The next question was content, and it didn't take me long to come up with a subject in which Sam has the most knowledge, so today is the introduction of Sam's Animal Facts blog, hosted by Blogger. Today Sam learned how to fill out his profile, find a picture on Photobucket, copy and paste the code, and create a blog post. After he was finished, he asked if he could print his post, and better still, he wanted to know if he could blog again tomorrow! He has already decided which animal will be featured next. If you get a chance, stop by Sam's blog and ask him an animal question or just say hello.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Campbell Jane said...

Thank you Angel for the lovely comments you made on my blog. I will keep you in my prayers. I just added another painting tonite if you'd like to take a peek. I am so glad that my art touches your heart. God Bless

Babs (Beetle) said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I wish you every blessing in your flight. Take comfort from the fact that Mo, like you, is also a survivor, who is completely healed, and laughs constantly now.

Anonymous said...

I will drop by Sams...and an excellent way to get them involved..:))

Anonymous said...

You are great. Absolutely wonderful, brilliant, beautiful and great.

Waterrose said...

YOu are wonderful and it was a great idea. I visited his blog and he is doing a wonderful job. I commented about the coyotes since we have a family visit us a few times a week.

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I have a son who is 17 and has Down Syndrome and I wish he had someone like you as his teacher or aide at school.

Before he was born I worked with people with developmental disabilities in a variety of settings. When I worked in the school district, I went out of my way to create and adapt material for my students. (I wish my son had me as his aide!)

Great job! You RULE!!