THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 25, 2008

A Melancholy Ache


It is raining here this morning, which is quite in step with my melancholy mood. I'm feeling sad that my mom will be leaving in a few days. I also miss my son, my brother, and my dad, who are all in Florida. Yesterday my dad opened his own 7 Eleven franchise, and I wish we could have been there together to share in his excitement and success. It is hard sometimes to have my side of the family clear across the country. Christian will be home next week, and I'm excited about that. He is talking about wanting to go to college in Florida. The time is coming soon, to let him spread his wings and fly on his own. If anyone can teach him upstanding work ethics and how to be a good man, it will be my dad though, so if that is what he wants to do, then it is fine with me. I'm really going to miss my mom. When she arrived here this summer, I was still very depressed. I didn't know if I even had the energy to get everything accomplished that I wanted to do. She gently pushed me, babied me, and loved me through all of it, and in a few days, after I could see the results of our work, my spirits began to lift. I'm so grateful that she could come here to help me, and now I'm really going to miss her when she leaves.
Tomorrow we are having all of Dave's family over to see all of the work that we have done to the house. It will also be a little going away party for mom, since she leaves on Sunday. I'm just going to cherish these last moments together!

6 Comments:

The Speaker said...

You are incredibly beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh how sad and yet so beautiful. Spread your wings and fly...positive sentiment. Enjoy the rain and focus on the fact you have a family that means so much. *big huggies*

Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson

Good job on the house and you know it was done with willingness and love.

But all good things must come to an end. But those good times will "never" leave the memory.

Enjoy those times until we meet again.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

I love your blog! I appreciate your emotion and honesty and felt complete understanding of your feelings. You seem like a strong and determined person. I will be back.

Waterrose said...

It sounds like your mom gave you the nurturing that you needed. Moms...aren't they great!

Lumina said...

You are so blessed to have such a supportive mother. Not everyone is that lucky. She sounds wonderful. :)