THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 19, 2008

Worn, And Weary, But Not Giving Up

Photobucket


I have been too tired to do much of anything besides go to work, and my energy is at an all time low. The new medication that I'm taking causes drowsiness, and taking it 3-4 times a day is wiping me out. I'm feeling very frustrated and impatient. I'm following my meal plan the best that I can, and doing everything that I'm supposed to be doing, so it is disheartening to not be filled with health and energy. I stopped taking the Lexapro, and my team has agreed that with everything that is going on with my body, it is probably not the best anti-depressant for me to be on. So far, I'm feeling okay without it. I'm just going to stay on the Abilify, and see how I do without an anti-depressant. There are just too many negative side effects, and it doesn't seem worth it. I want to be on the least amount of medications possible, while still being able to feel like my mood is stable. I have had a few panic attacks in the past week, but flashbacks and nightmares have really tapered off, and that has been wonderful. The flashbacks and nightmares can be so debilitating, so it has been nice to have a break from them. I do think that I'm moving forward in so many ways, and not tripping over myself so much. I'm trying harder to acknowledge the things in my life that are positive. I refuse to give up, even though my body isn't cooperating the way I want it to. I do feel like once I can make it past this minor glitch in my health, everything else will fall into place.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you looking for the positive, fighting for it, and not giving up. If you keep saying positive things and working toward that, everything WILL fall into place. Life is all about perspective. Two people can look at the same thing and one person can find the positive in it, and the other person can only find the negative. It's the "glass is half full" mentality. No matter what is going on, if you can keep your perspective in a positive light then your mind and body will respond to that.

Sunny said...

Angie, I'm so happy to hear you being so positive. It's great.

You definitely have come very far. Can you imagine where you were last year?! Gosh, you're such a warrior. Seriously.

You're doing great, reclaiming your life and it sounds like you're enjoying yourself too!!!!

:)

Love ya.

MrsMenopausal said...

Angie, you sound like you're in such a better place with a positive focus lately. It's wonderful to hear. :)

I'm sorry you're dealing with exhaustion. I know what a pain that can be. Don't let it get you down, those kinds of side effects gradually lessen over time.

Anonymous said...

Thought of the Day:

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." - Nelson Mandela


This applies to so many things in life that we need to stay positive and work hard on the things that are the most important.

Love

Do-Da

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I've started to really like dropping in on you because you are such a fighter. Keep it up; I'm pulling for you!

Anonymous said...

You have a very powerful blog for anyone dealing with the same issues. Your story speaks to me strongly as a mother. You have inspired me very much. I would go on,but I prefer not in comment. Thanks so much.

Chronic Chick Talk