THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 7, 2008

A Weekend Blog

Photobucket


Lately, the stress of my job has turned me into a "weekends only" blogger. I usually write much more often, but work has been so busy that I haven't had the energy to get on the computer in the evenings.
I have been working in a preschool in the afternoons doing assessments on two little guys who were just recently diagnosed with autism. They are so darned cute that I can barely keep from scooping them up into my arms and just loving on them! One of the boys is very high functioning, and is doing very well in the pre-school setting. The other boy has the double whammy of being diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, so he is also dealing with the challenge of that on top of having autism. I was so nervous about my new placement, but I have really enjoyed being around the small kiddos, and the teacher and para's in the classroom have been very welcoming, so I think that I will have a lot of fun there.
On Wednesday, I had a good therapy session, and was able to talk through my fears about the new job and the pressures that I put on myself to be perfect. It was nice having someone else to help me sort out all of those voices in my head that tell me that I'm not good enough. I felt much calmer the rest of the week. Now, I'm just really looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend. It has suddenly turned very cold here in Kansas, so I went to the grocery store and bought all of the ingredients to make a big pot of chili. Doesn't that sound good? I hope everyone has a warm and cozy weekend:)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy the weekend and the chili sounds good...:)))

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful photo - and very ethereal - I love it!!!
Greetings,Petra

Anonymous said...

Once again visiting you. I have an award for you making lemonade out of lemons. You help so many people by your courage.

Chronic Chick Talk

Mom of 3 boys said...

Hello,

I just dropped in on your blog, I love it, you are an amazing person. Look forward to reading more of your blogs.

Mom of 3 boys

NathanKP said...

I'm sorry to see that you are having to cut back on the blogging. I look forward to more poems in the future.