THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cold And Cozy

Frozen holly Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm bored today. It is too cold to step outside of this house. Luckily, I have all of my Christmas shopping done, so I didn't have to go anywhere. I did a bit of cleaning and some laundry, but other than that, all I have done is huddle over my laptop with a fleece blanket draped over my shoulders, sipping hot green tea and surfing the net. The temperature here is in the low single digits at the moment, and I want to kill my dog everytime she scratches on the backdoor to be let outside. Why didn't we go to Florida for Christmas this year? Oh yeah...we couldn't afford to. Next year, maybe we will just skip gifts, and start saving our money for airfare. I really miss my family! Tomorrow I am going to do some baking, but it won't be the same without my mom. Hopefully I can talk some of the boys into helping me. I plan on baking some gingerbread, and my Nani's biscotti recipe which is flavored with anise and is so yummy with coffee. I will post the recipe and a picture tomorrow so you can all enjoy it with me. Hope everyone has a warm and cozy evening. I plan on staying right here under my blanket!

2 Comments:

Eric S. said...

Sounds delicious. I miss ginger bread and my mothers cooking. I was not able to return home either, darn economy. The biscotti sounds good too.

Anonymous said...

I have never been o Florida and I am dying to see the Everglades National Park and Key West, I am saving for that too, and hopefully get there Dec 09.

I hope you have a happy Christmas.