THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 22, 2008

Nani's Biscotti


Photobucket


I have been baking all afternoon, and well into the evening. I started with the sweet, and spicey aroma of gingerbread, and ended with my Italian grandmothers delicious anise flavored biscotti. I had help rolling and dipping from my youngest son, Roman. He was a very welcomed helper!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Nani's Biscotti

6 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
1C. melted shortening
1C. sugar
Mix together
Add 7 tsp. baking powder
4C. flour
2T. anise seed
Mix well
Roll into 1/2 tsp. balls
Bake at 350 for 8 minutes
and dip into powdered sugar frosting.
Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Janet Gardner said...

Hi Angela,
I have posted two awards for you on my blog, If I already sent this then forgive me, I am trying to remember who I have to sent this notice to.
Take Care,
Janet :)

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

I just wanted to stop by your blog and tell you that I read your profile and I feel a kinship with you. I am also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and also fight an eating disorder.
Happy Holidays!
Beth Fehlbaum, author
Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
Ch. 1 is online!

MrsMenopausal said...

Wow, it all looks so wonderful I can almost smell it! Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to give those a try.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Holiday season. :)

Anonymous said...

I think of biscotti as those dry sticks in the jar next to the barista. These look positively nummy! Thanks for the recipe.

Claudia from Denver Cereal

Eric S. said...

Umm that looks so good. I'm afraid if I were helping, there would not be much left. I don't think I have ever had biscotti, but it look delicious.

drivenwide said...

Find the latest Bulimia news and discuss the latest topics with members of the Bulimia and Eating Disorders Community.
-------------
Bobwilliams
Bulimia News and Discussion Forum