THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Broken Arm And Other Happenings

Photobucket


My youngest son, Roman, broke his arm this week at basketball practice. He fell on it, so his season has ended prematurely:(. He doesn't seem too down about it though, so that is good. He is a happy-go-lucky kid, and makes me smile daily. His sense of humor is contagious, and he definitely has a zest for living, which also means that he plays hard. This is his second broken bone in less than two years! Having four boys means that life around here is never dull.
This week seemed to fly by, which is a good thing. I'm so ready for this school year to be over, so that I can get to summer. I'm really looking forward to the break. Work went fairly well this week though. I have seen so much improvement in the student that I work with in the morning, and that always makes me feel good. I love the kids, but the adults...not so much.
I had good therapy sessions this week, and we have decided to focus mainly on my body image, which is beyond horrible. We talked through and dissected the Letter To My Body that I wrote, and discussed how the rape affected how I view my body and the betrayal that I felt. It has so much to do with blaming myself, and also the
body memories that I have. I often feel physically suffocated by my own body, just as I felt during the rape. It is no wonder that I suffered from severe asthma attacks for weeks after the rape. My assignment for this week is to focus on the positive things that my body does for me, especially focusing on the movements of my body when I exercise. I've been walking in the mornings, but I'm also going to start trying to do some yoga in the evenings to help with getting more in touch with my body. I think that the deep breathing that is incorporated with yoga will also help me to feel more connected to my body.
Well, I think that is all for now. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

7 Comments:

Mike Golch said...

bummer.Hugs.

Jena Isle said...

That happened to my grand son too, a partially fractured radial bone in the arm. His arm is still in a sling too. But it's getting better. I hope your son will have the sling taken off too this week. Best regards.

zorlone said...

Good thing kids are resilient! They can recover fast and the memories seem to be more funny if they narrate them.

What will be left of that accident is just a photo. I hope things work out well.

all the best.

Z

zorlone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandi said...

awww my poor niece just broke her arm at school...on a field trip roller skating. The things they do. I hope you can get the issues worked out that you discuss about your body image. I really think though that everyone more harshly judges their own body than anyone else. We all do to a certain degree. I know what you are going through IS different though. Wish I could say something to help, but I know I can't...so I'll just say I hope it gets better for you.

flit said...

I broke my arm late last year... it wasn't much fun... a knitting needle makes a great scratcher though :)

BK said...

Just look at Roman, he was smiling and showing off his cast. It is good that he is a happy-go-lucky kid. I have much to learn from him - to take things in stride. A lot of times, we just have to accept things and move on. I believe that he will go on to a great recovery and will eventually be back in the court. And not only that, he will pick up and learn from his previous experience and become a better player.

Roman, speedy recovery to you!