THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Do, Not Try

Photobucket

I'm consistently filled with worries that play on a loop going around in circles in my mind. Sometimes I get stuck on one, and it repeats over and over, becoming larger and larger, until I have blown it way out of proportion. I found out yesterday at work that I have to take a pre-assessment test over all of the topics we have covered this year in our classes. I'm not good at tests, and we have covered a lot of information this year. It does me no good to worry, and yet I do. Last night I did some of the visualizations that I learned in therapy, and I actually fell asleep while doing it. I was proud of myself for applying what I had learned. It helps if I can slow my thoughts down,but of course the worry is back today. I will study, and do the best that I can with the test. That is all that I can do. There...feeling better all ready. I have to remember that I have control over all of the thoughts, good and bad. I can choose a more positive path. Here are some good thoughts for today~ The sun is shining. I'm spending the day with my husband. I'm going to my first hockey game. Everyone in my family is healthy. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh with my children. I have unlimited support and love surrounding me. Now, if I can hold on to these thoughts throughout my day, I will consider myself successful. Do, not try, is my motto for the day.

7 Comments:

Unknown said...

excellent motto my friend!

big ginormous hugz for you!!!

Angela said...

Awww, thanks PJ! Hugs to you too<3

Nicole said...

I was really happy to read this :) You sound so strong and hopeful. Don't sweat the test, I know you'll do great, just believe in yourself and know that you can do it!

Angie, I love you so much!!!

I hope you have a beautiful day :)
*hugs*
Nicole

Ruth said...

Sounds like you're doing well! Lately I've been reading Peace Is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh, it's a neat little book.

Angela said...

Thanks for the book reccomendation Ruth. I will check it out:)

Ann said...

That's the way Angela, good job! At my last job, when someone would tell me they were trying my favorite response was always "Stop trying and do it"

Missing In Sight said...

I'm so glad you were able to put into practice what you learned in therapy. You're an inspiration to the rest of us. Congratulations!